On the 19th November, 1967, The Beatles released the LP – 'Magical Mystery Tour' in the UK. It wasn't released in the US until 27th November.
- Magical Mystery Tour
- The Fool on the Hill
- Blue Jay Way
- Your Mother Should Know
- I Am the Walrus
- Hello Goodbye
- Strawberry Fields Forever
- Penny Lane
- Baby You're a Rich Man
- All You Need Is Love
Also on 19th November:
In 1967, 19th November, Harold Wilson gave his 'The Pound In Your Pocket' speech.
The Prime Minister, Harold Wilson, defended his decision to devalue the pound by lowering the exchange rate Pound from $2.80 to $2.40 to the pound. He told the British people that it does not mean that the pound here in Britain, in your pocket or purse or in your bank, has been devalued, but it allows us to sell our goods abroad on a more competitive basis.
In 1969, 19th November, The astronauts Charles 'Pete' Conrad and Alan Bean of Apollo 12 landed on the Moon in the area known as the Ocean of Storms with their lunar lander, Intrepid, and become the second set of American astronauts to walk on the moons surface.
In 1994, 19th November, The new UK lottery operated by Camelot has it's first lottery draw with an estimated jackpot of 7m (GBP) . As part of the franchise awarded to Camelot to run the lottery a percentage of the money raised from ticket sales was to help fund the arts, sports, charities, national heritage and millennium celebrations.
Who was born Today in History?:
- 1464 – Emperor Go-Kashiwabara of Japan.
- 1600 – Charles I, King of England. (1625-1649)
- 1831 – James A. Garfield, 20th President of the USA.
- 1835 – Rani Lakshmi Bai, Indian Queen.
- 1855 – Billy Bates, Cricketer (England all-rounder)
- 1859 – Mikhail Mikhayl Ippolitov-Ivanov, Russian musician.(Armenian Rhapsody)
- 1862 – Billy Sunday, American evangelist.
- 1870 – Vicente Lleo, composer.
- 1874 – Karl Adrian Wohlfart, composer.
- 1897 – Quentin Roosevelt, Son of United States President Theodore Roosevelt.
- 1899 – Allen Tate, US, Poet. (Mr Pope & Other Poems)
- 1905 – Tommy Dorsey, American Jazz Trombonist.
- 1908 – Mikhail Ivanovich Chulaki, composer.
- 1909 – Rose Isabel Williams, sister of Tennessee Williams.
- 1910 – Adrian Conan Doyle, son of Arthur Conan Doyle.
- 1912 – George E Palade, Romanian/US cell biologist. (ribosomen, Nobel 1974)
- 1917 – Indira Gandhi, Allahabad India, Indian PM.
- 1919 – Alan Young, England, actor. (Time Machine, Wilbur Post-Mr Ed)
- 1924 – William Russell, British actor.
- 1933 – Larry King, USA radio/TV host.(Larry King Show)
- 1949 – Dennis Taylor, British snooker champion.
- 1949 – Mickey Lee Davis Jr, USA murderer. (FBI Most Wanted List)
- 1957 – Robert Beltran, actor. (Star Trek Voyager)
- 1960 – 'Lovely' Elizabeth, WWF's 1st lady of wrestling.
- 1960 – Matt Sorum, US pop drummer. (Guns n' Roses, Like a Suicide)
- 1961 – Meg Ryan, USA actress. (When Harry Met Sally, As the World Turns)
- 1962 – Jodie Foster, USA actress. (Taxi Driver, Accused)
- 1965 – Sean Hughes, Irish comedian.
- 1977 – Lady Davina EAB Windsor, daughter of English prince Richard.
- 1979 – Leam Richardson, English football player.
- 1980 – Adele Silva, English actress.
- 1985 – Chris Eagles, English footballer.
- 1997 – Alexis May McCaughey, Iowa USA, septuplets (2)
- 1997 – Brandon James McCaughey, Iowa USA, septuplets (5)
- 1997 – Joel Steven McCaughey, Iowa USA, septuplets (7)
- 1997 – Kelsey Ann McCaughey, Iowa USA, septuplets (4)
- 1997 – Kenneth Robert McCaughey, Iowa USA, septuplets (1)
- 1997 – Natalie Sue McCaughey, Iowa USA, septuplets (3)
- 1997 – Nathaniel Roy McCaughey, Iowa USA, septuplets (6)
Know any more that were born today?, or were you born today?, post a comment below.
Quote of the day:
'Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded, or how much power you have.'
(1954 – )