Here is a recipe I learnt from some people in Thailand:
- 500 g (1 lb) chicken (Kai) fillets
- 400 ml (13 fl oz) coconut (Maphr̂āw) milk
- 2 teaspoons of green curry paste (Gang Kiau Wan)
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (N̂ảm Plā)
- 3 tablespoons of sugar (N̂ảm tān)
- 5 or 6 mini egg plants (Makhuea)
- Half a cup of pea eggplants (Makhuea Poh)
Total Time : 30 mins Serves: 4
Chop the chicken into small pieces.
Drain bamboo shoots.
Fry the chicken in a Wok and a tablespoon of oil until seared.
Add the curry paste and stir well.
Cook whilst stirring for one minute.
Add the coconut milk and stir well, bringing to the boil.
Wash and then slice the mini egg plants into wedges about five wedges from each plant, removing the ‘top and tail’.
Pluck the pea egg plants from the twigs and trim any stems left on. Wash them.
Put the mini and pea egg plants into the pan stir and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the mini eggplants have become a little softer.
If you wish you can add some sliced red chilies (if you like it very spicy) , and/or some sliced peppers (red, green or yellow). This will also add more colour to the dish.