Thailand Rocks from Burmese Earthquake
A 6.8 magnitude earthquake hit northern Burma on Thursday, sent shock waves to many parts of Thailand and has put the country on high alert. Special attention is in 22 provinces where 13 active fault lines are located.
At least 75 are dead in the Burma quakes
Studies showed there is a high possibility that a powerful earthquake of 6-7 magnitude will occur along the fault lines in Kanchanaburi and Chiang Mai provinces, Pennung Warnitchai, a seismologist from the Asian Institute of Technology, said yesterday.
The quake sent shock waves that could be felt in several parts of Thailand, including Bangkok.
Quakes in Kanchanaburi or Chiang Mai would not only cause severe damage to the two provinces but also to Bangkok, it is believed by some.
- Earthquake kills at least 75 in Burma (telegraph.co.uk)
- Two strong earthquakes hit Burma (bbc.co.uk)
- Burma earthquake: Estimated 74 dead and over 100 injured after 6.8 quake hits (dailymail.co.uk)
- Strong EarthQuake in Myanmar – 6.8 Magnitude – 2 Dead few injured – All Information (stuffsneak.com)
- Burma earthquake: 74 dead and over 100 injured after 6.8 earthquake hits (dailymail.co.uk)
- People Dead In Burma Quake Near Thailand (news.sky.com)